The Meeting Planner plans and implements conventions, meetings, and educational activities of the client associations. Each meeting planner will be responsible for 10-15 meetings/year.
- Meetings Management
- Learn and understand the objectives of the meetings.
- Prepares in concert with the Senior Vice President, Meetings Management, a timeline for each meeting.
- Works with the hotel staff and vendors to plan all details prior to meetings.
- Works and communicates with internal staff on status of the meeting.
- Coordinates staff travel, arrangements and schedules for on-site duties of the meetings.
- Meeting Promotions
- Works in concert with the Communications/Marketing departments to prepare brochures, vertical responses, website updates, social media and other information for promotion of each meeting.
- Works in concert with the Communications/Marketing departments to prepare the program brochure and final program and other informational literature for attendee packets.
- Coordinates agenda preparation.
- Prepares meeting materials and packets.
- Speaker Management
- Communicate with speakers to obtain information for promotional brochures, handouts and any travel/hotel itineraries.
- Coordinates and prepares the handouts production for the client meetings.
- Arranges travel and hotel accommodations for speakers.
- Works in concert with Member Services staff who oversees the registration process including creating meetings database and reports, entering registrations, running badges/reports and ordering supplies for client meetings.
- Financial Management
- Works with the Senior Vice President, Meetings to prepare meetings budgets as required.
- Monitors meetings expenses and keep the Executive Director updated on all financial expenditures.
- Consolidates invoices
- Exhibitors and Sponsorships Management
- Works with the exhibits/sponsorship staff to oversee the setup and needs of each exhibitor and/or sponsor.
- On-Site Management
- Leads and works on site to make sure all functions go as planned
- Special Events
- Works with appropriate association volunteers and staff on social functions/special events, as required.
- Other Duties As Assigned
- Highest personal standards
- Highest ethical standards
- Highest work ethic
- Loyalty and dedication to work
- Team player
- Effective manager
- Customer service oriented
- College degree or comparable experience
- 3+ years experience working on meetings in an association environment
- Demonstrated budgeting and financial management skills
- Experience working in convention and hotel facilities
- Computer literate with proficiency using Word, Excel, and databases is a plus
- Excellent project management, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Association experience is desirable.
Resume and salary requirements to be sent to:
Grace L. Jan, CAE, CMP
Senior Vice President, Meetings Management
1300 Piccard Drive, Suite LL14
Rockville, MD 20850
Gjan@msp-amc.com + www.msp-amc.com